ADAMS Testing Working Group continues discussions on enhancements to ADAMS and its ecosystems
The World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) Anti-Doping Administration & Management System Testing Working Group (ATWG), met on 14 and 15 November 2023 in Lausanne, Switzerland, and focused its discussions on the following topics:
1. The ATWG received an update on the 2023/2024 WADA ADAMS Development Roadmap, including:
WADA’s partnership with Sword, announced in September 2023, and its positive impact on the development capacity of ADAMS;
the advancement of the Doping Control Form (DCF) Application Programming Interface (API) pilot project, with the onboarding of eight Anti-Doping Organizations (ADOs) and third parties, and WADA’s pricing strategy for the use and service of such API;
the launch in ADAMS of the Next Gen Athlete Biological Passport module, in August 2023, including the launch of the Endocrine Module and of new steroid markers measured in blood (serum) samples as part of the Steroid Module;
the long-term storage functionality in ADAMS, launched in June 2023;
the decommission of the classic ADAMS versions of the Testing Order and DCF in July 2023; and
the latest ADAMS update to meet the revised requirements of the TDSSA that will come into force on 1 January 2024.
2. WADA provided an update on the list of concepts that the International Standard for Testing (IST) Drafting Team has identified to strengthen and clarify the IST as part of the 2027 World Anti-Doping Code and International Standards Update Process. These concepts will have a significant impact on ADAMS.
3. The following key areas were identified for future development of ADAMS and recommended by the ATWG for prioritization by WADA in the period 2024-2025:
- improvement in the performance of ADAMS and its ecosystems;
- further enhancement of DCO Central, WADA’s paperless sample collection platform;
- a revised reporting mechanism which will be based on dashboards;
- improved athlete profile management and relevant education of ADOs, which will allow for the reduction of duplicate athlete profiles;
- further development of APIs that will allow other systems to connect with ADAMS; and
- development of short educational videos on the use of ADAMS in areas of interest for ADOs.
Should you have any questions regarding the work of the ATWG, we invite you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.