Focused on ‘Leading Anti-Doping in a New Era’, our strategic activity for the coming years is detailed in our 2020-2024 Strategic Plan.
Our journey of reflection and discovery
In May 2019, we started soliciting feedback from key stakeholders in the anti-doping ecosystem to develop our strategic plan. Athletes, representatives of the Sports Movement and governments of the world, industry influencers, National Anti-Doping Organizations and WADA-accredited laboratories were consulted. The feedback acknowledged how much has been achieved over our 20-year history and how WADA’s growth has helped spur on the global movement for doping-free sport. It also identified areas for improvement or that deserved more focus.
Our Strategic Priorities
Our Strategic Priorities address the key issues and challenges identified via our internal and external consultation:
- Lead: Lead by example by taking bold steps to proactively tackle emerging issues with agility and innovative solutions across all facets of anti-doping.
- Grow Impact: Expand the reach and impact of anti-doping programs by enhancing capacity building and knowledge sharing between Anti-Doping Organizations and empowering local program delivery.
- Be Athlete-Centered: Engage and empower athletes to contribute to the development of anti-doping policies, build an easier anti-doping journey for athletes, and increase the contribution that our programs deliver for athletes and their entourage so that they can build healthy and sustainable careers in sport.
- Collaborate and Unite: Engage and collaborate with everyone involved in anti-doping, in particular with the sports movement and public authorities, to increase support, unity and coherence in everyone’s efforts.
- Be Visible: Raise awareness and shape a proactive narrative that will demonstrate the positive impact of doping-free sport and WADA’s role.
- Perform: Provide greater value to our stakeholders by reducing operational complexities and maximizing impact and cost-effectiveness.