ADAMS helps athletes, who are required to submit whereabouts, comply with the rules of their sport by entering their information from anywhere in the world. ADAMS also supports the delegation of this responsibility to an authorized representative, such as team manager, agent or other third party.
ADAMS enables athlete whereabouts information to be shared among relevant Anti-Doping Organizations (ADOs), meaning that athletes do not need to enter their whereabouts information more than once in different locations.
Athletes can also modify their whereabouts using the Athlete Central mobile app or by sending an SMS (text message) to ADAMS.
ADAMS facilitates online management of Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs). This includes managing requests, approvals as well as online notification to those involved in the process. TUE information is only shared with relevant parties. Upon approval of the TUE, ADAMS also provides the athlete with the option to print a Certificate of Approval for their records.
Test Planning & Results Management
ADAMS provides ADOs with an essential tool for managing their doping control program (both an in- and out-of-competition). Coordination of doping control programs in ADAMS helps to avoid duplication of testing efforts and harmonizes communications between testing authorities, sample collection agencies as well as WADA-accredited laboratories and WADA-approved laboratories for the Athlete Biological Passport (ABP).
ADAMS can be used to:
- Plan, coordinate and order tests
- Monitor the testing program
- Monitor compliance with the Technical Document for Sport Specific Analysis (TDSSA)
- Manage test results.
All WADA-accredited laboratories and WADA-approved laboratories for the ABP use ADAMS to submit test results to the appropriate authorities including WADA. In this way, results management authorities are notified of results promptly and clearly and WADA is automatically engaged to ensure transparency in all results management processes.
DCO Central is WADA’s doping control (sample collection) mobile app for tablets, available for download from the Apple Store and Google Play. The mobile app provides Doping Control Officers (DCOs) from Anti-Doping Organizations (ADOs) and Sample Collection Agencies (SCAs) with an online and offline solution for efficient and paperless data collection as part of doping control sample collection, which is now entirely paperless.
DCO Central has real-time access to athletes’ whereabouts information, limited to the period of the sample collection mission, to reduce unsuccessful test attempts. It is also intended to enhance athlete confidence that their rights are protected adequately thanks to multi-lingual notification and sample collection. Athletes are guided through testing (and their associated rights and responsibilities) by the app in the language of their choosing, even when the DCO is using a different language.
Other features of DCO Central include:
- A simplified Doping Control Form (DCF), with significant information pre-populated from ADAMS
- Automated ADAMS synching, delivering testing instructions to sample collection personnel and doping control data back into ADAMS in real time
- Reporting features, such as the ability to immediately notify the relevant ADO of an unsuccessful testing attempt that may constitute a missed test, thereby improving the speed and efficiency of results management
- Full single sign-on and multi-factor log-on features to maintain the integrity of athlete data imported onto the tablet
- Online and offline functionality to support testing at locations without reliable wi-fi or network coverage