In accordance with Article 23.1.2 of the Code, the following entities shall become Signatories by signing a Declaration of Acceptance:
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- International Federations recognized by the IOC
- The International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
- National Olympic Committees (NOC)
- National Paralympic Committees (NPC)
- National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADO)
- Major Event Organizations (MEO) recognized by one or more of the aforementioned entities.
In accordance with Articles 23.1.1 and 23.1.3 of the Code, any other entity having significant relevance in sport may submit an application to WADA to become Signatory, which will be reviewed under a policy adopted by WADA.
The revised Policy for Acceptance of New Signatories, effective as of 1 January 2021, was approved by WADA’s Executive Committee (ExCo) in September 2020.
It is recommended that any organization wishing to become Signatory under Code Article 23.1.3 first reviews the Policy for Acceptance of New Signatories and, in particular, checks whether it meets the required minimum structural criteria outlined in Section 3 of the policy. Then it shall proceed as follows:
- Contact WADA at email@example.com to express intent
- Pay the Application Fee
- Sign the Applicant Acknowledgement Form
Upon completion of the above three steps, the Applicant will be provided further guidance and instructions on the assessment process (including, in particular, filling out a Governance Assessment Questionnaire).
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.