Working Groups (WGs) are created on an as-needed basis only, and generally with a defined mandate requiring deliverables within a set timeframe.
Although WGs are not considered permanent, they are not exclusively short term. It may be anticipated that some need to run over a number of years.
The following WGs (as of January 2023) are currently in place:
- ADAMS Testing
- Scientific Project Review
- Several Scientific Groups - looking at specific technical areas such as
- glucocorticoid threshold,
- isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS),
- erythropoietin (EPO),
- minimum required performance levels (MRPL)
- homologous blood transfusion (HBT)
- A number of Athlete Biological Passport Groups (specifically addressing ABP program elements such as Endocrine, Haematological, Steroidal)
Overview of the way WADA’s Working Groups are managed
For experts who wish to be considered for one of WADA’s Expert Advisory Groups or Working Groups, please refer to the information on WADA’s Spontaneous Applicant Pool.