*WADA’s governance reforms effective 1 January 2023 will require some structural and content changes to this web page. It will be updated early 2023.
WADA has the following five Standing Committees, which report to our Executive Committee (ExCo) and play a key advisory role in policy and priority development for the Agency.
[Currently, approximately one-third (17/54) of the members of the Standing Committees are active or former international-level athletes].
- Athlete Committee(1) (12 athletes)
- Compliance Review Committee (1 athlete)
- Education Committee (1 athlete)
- Finance and Administration Committee (2 athletes)
- Health, Medical and Research Committee (1 athlete)
In accordance with WADA’s Statutes concerning Standing Committee composition and rotation, on an annual basis, we announce a call for nominations six months prior to when the decision will be taken by the ExCo.
(1) On 19 May 2022, WADA’s Foundation Board (Board) unanimously approved a final report from its Working Group on the Review of WADA Governance Reforms, which included recommendations to further enhance athlete representation within WADA through establishment of a 20-member Athlete Council to replace its current Athlete Committee of 12 members.
Creation of the Athlete Council is in progress with the objective that it will replace the current Athlete Committee as of 1 January 2023. Information on the Athlete Council can be found here.