WADA Compliance Review Committee discusses important compliance matters during first meeting of 2023
The World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) independent Compliance Review Committee (CRC) met in-person in Lausanne, Switzerland between 15-17 March 2023.
- The latest update on the reinstatement conditions imposed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in its award related to the case between WADA and the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA);
- An update on the operations of Ukraine’s National Anti-Doping Organization (NADO) and testing of Ukraine athletes. The Ukrainian NADO has a suspended compliance case due to force majeure in relation to the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine;
- A new case of Signatory non-compliance with the Code and International Standards, which will be presented to the WADA Executive Committee in May 2023 if the non-conformities discussed are still not resolved;
- A briefing on the latest developments concerning the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) NADO and the International Federation of Fitness and Bodybuilding (IFBB) that are both non-compliant with the Code; and, the Gabon NADO that, at the time of the meeting, was on the “watchlist”;
- The latest on the amendments to the International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories (ISCCS) and the Code;
- An update on the development and implementation of WADA’s Compliance Monitoring Program, including updates on the Code Compliance Questionnaire (CCQ) issued to 147 International Federations and NADOs and WADA’s Signatory audit program. The CRC also received a presentation from WADA’s Program Development impact area on the Anti-Doping Organization Program Assessment Framework (ADOPAF), which is developing data analytics tools to better inform WADA’s compliance monitoring; and
- The first draft of WADA’s Code Compliance Annual Report for 2022.
The CRC held a full day in-camera session on 15 March to review and discuss documentation received, review its operations and prepare for the meeting with WADA management.
The CRC is responsible for providing independent advice, guidance and recommendations to WADA Management and governing bodies on matters relating to Signatories' compliance with the Code. The Chair, Henry Gourdji, will report to the next Executive Committee meeting on 9 May 2023.