REMINDER: WADA Invites Stakeholders To “Save The Date” For Play True Day 2021
Further to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) media release of 26 March 2021, WADA wishes to remind stakeholders that Play True Day 2021 will be celebrated on 9 April 2021.
Since 2014, in April of every year, WADA and the anti-doping community worldwide have celebrated Play True Day -- a day that is dedicated to Clean Sport and is intended to raise awareness among athletes, the sporting public and others about the importance of protecting Clean Sport.
This year’s theme is “What does Play True mean to you?”. Therefore, we invite athletes, National and Regional Anti-Doping Organizations, Sports Federations, Governments, Major Event Organizers and other anti-doping stakeholders from around the world to join the Agency’s social media campaign on 9 April 2021.
Like previous years, to engage as many stakeholders as possible, WADA has created a number of branded visuals (available in English, French and Spanish) for participants to incorporate and share their own Play True Day 2021 photos and videos. These include:
- Branded frames that can be layered onto photo or video messages;
- A Play True Pledge that can be either printed and personalized or personalized digitally for various social media platforms; and
- Various GIFs that will be created for the day to be used on Instagram.
[Click here for examples and detailed instructions on how to use the above visuals]
Participants are also encouraged to:
- innovate by creating personalized What does Play True mean to you? visuals based on their specific country, language and/or sport;
- use hashtags #PlayTrue and #PlayTrueDay both in the lead-up to and on the day to extend the reach and impact of the campaign on social media; and
- follow the campaign in real time via our dedicated Play True Day social media wall on WADA’s website.
Should you have any queries or if you would like to inform WADA of your planned Play True Day social media efforts, please contact Patrick Handfield, Digital Communications Consultant/Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, as an anti-doping community stakeholder, we would kindly ask you to ensure that this message is conveyed on to the relevant persons within your organization so they too can participate in the campaign.
Thank you and we look forward to you joining in the celebration of Play True Day 2021.