WADA has a range of educational initiatives to support the Anti-Doping Community.
WADA’s Education Department uses SPIRIT to guide the development of tools and initiatives:
- Strategically positioning education as a fundamental component of any anti-doping program.
- Promoting a clean sport culture by engaging stakeholders and partners, recognizing that athletes start in sport clean.
- Increasing access to education for athletes and their support personnel through our Global to Local education network and education solutions.
- Raising the quality of education and training programs through education policy and standards.
- Improving capacity of the clean sport community through training and development opportunities supported by our clean sport academies.
- Through focused and impactful research, understanding what keeps athletes clean, and why some athletes dope; to inform and improve our programs to have a sustainable impact.
Our initiatives include:
1. Policy and Research
- Education Policy – development and monitoring of the International Standard for Education, including support to stakeholders through the Guidelines for Education.
- Social Science Research – leading and implementing WADA’s Social Science Research Program in line with the Social Science Research Strategy.
2. Digital Learning
- Leading the development and implementation of digital education programs and resources for the clean sport community to access and use via our Anti-Doping Education and Learning platform (ADEL)
3. Anti-Doping Organization (ADO) Capability Support
- Code Implementation Support Program (CISP) – Dedicated support program for ADOs, across all technical areas of anti-doping, to help them implement the 2021 Code and International Standards.
- Global Learning and Development Framework (GLDF) – Introducing professional standards, competency frameworks and training for ADO practitioners, investing in and supporting their professional development in their roles.
- Global to Local – Creating connections between WADA headquarters and our regions for the purposes of education and training, including promoting our available digital learning tools and programs for ADOs.