WADA's responsibilities in the science and medical fields include, among others, the accreditation of anti-doping laboratories, science research, the Prohibited List, the Athlete Biological Passport and Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE).
In order to meet the constantly evolving scientific challenges in the fight against doping in sport and to assess new developments in the field of anti-doping testing and analysis, WADA organizes scientific meetings and symposia that bring together international scientists and experts in relevant fields of anti-doping science. Under the umbrella of WADA, expert working groups are formed to address specific scientific issues pertaining to the identification and detection of doping substances and practices.
- Investigating the Use of Stimulants in Out-of-Competition Sport Samples
Boghosian T, Mazzoni I, Barroso O, Rabin O.
J Anal Toxicol. 2011 Nov;35(9):613-6.
- The List of Prohibited Substances and Methods in Sport: Structure and Review Process by the World Anti-Doping Agency
Mazzoni I, Barroso O, Rabin O.
J Anal Toxicol. 2011 Nov;35(9):608-12.
- Cannabis in Sport: Anti-Doping Perspective
Huestis MA, Mazzoni I, Rabin O.
Sports Med. 2011 Nov 1;41(11):949-66. doi: 10.2165/11591430-000000000-00000. Review
- Involvement of the Health Industry in the Fight Against Doping in Sport
Forensic Sci Int. 2011 Dec 10;213(1-3):10-4. Epub 2011 Jul 7
- The Athlete Biological Passport
Sottas PE, Robinson N, Rabin O, Saugy M.
Clin Chem. 2011 Jul;57(7):969-76. Epub 2011 May 19. Review
- Determination of Urinary Concentrations of Pseudoephedrine and Cathine After Therapeutic Administration of Pseudoephedrine-Containing Medications to Healthy Subjects: Implications for Doping Control Analysis of these Stimulants Banned in Sport
Barroso O, Goudreault D, Carbó Banús ML, Ayotte C, Mazzoni I, Boghosian T, Rabin O.
Drug Test Anal. 2011 May 6. doi: 10.1002/dta.291. [Epub ahead of print]