Since 2001, WADA has committed US $80 million dollars to research.WADA is committed to increasing the volume of research dedicated to developing new and improved detection methods for prohibited substances and methods. WADA is also responsible for studying emerging doping threats, such as gene doping.
To this end, WADA issues a call for research proposals each year. Scientists from around the world submit proposals addressing the research topics prioritized by WADA's Health, Medical and Research Committee.
- In addition to the regular Research Grant Program, urgent doping research topics identified by WADA (e.g. detection of emerging doping substances) or research projects of high interest in the fight against doping in sport presented outside the regular Program application process may receive funding as part of the Target Research or Reactive Research Programs, respectively.
APPLYING FOR 2020 Scientific RESEARCH GRANTS
On 17 December 2019, WADA issued its Call for Proposals for 2020 Scientific Research Grants.
Scientists interested in submitting their research projects are invited to consult the 2020 Scientific Research Topics as well as the application procedure that can be found on the WADAGrants online platform.
The application deadline for the 2020 Scientific Research Grants was 1 March 2020 at 24:00 GMT.
For further information, please contact WADA’s Science & Medical Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Convocatoria de propuestas para las Subvenciones a la Investigación Científica
El 17 de diciembre de 2019, la AMA publicó su Convocatoria de propuestas para las Subvenciones a la Investigación Científica 2020.
Se invita a los científicos interesados en presentar sus proyectos de investigación a consultar los Temas de investigación científica y el procedimiento de solicitud, que se encuentran en la plataforma electrónica WADA Grants.
El plazo para la solicitud de Becas de Investigación Científica venció el 1ero. de marzo 2020 a las 24:00 GMT.
Para toda información suplementaria, comuníquense con el Departamento de Ciencias y Medicina de la AMA a la dirección siguiente: email@example.com.
Funded Research Projects
Since 2001, WADA has funded projects in the following areas:
- Compounds/Methods Enhancing Growth
- Compounds/Methods Enhancing Oxygen Delivery
- Exogenous and Endogenous Anabolic Steroids
- Detection of prohibited substances/methods: classic methodologies e.g. chromatographic, immunological and biochemical
- Gene and Cellular Technologies applied to Sports
- Identification and detection of substances with doping potential
- Pharmacology of prohibited substances
View the complete list of funded research projects that WADA has supported since 2001.
Applications are reviewed by a panel of three to four independent external experts who submit their evaluations and recommendations to WADA's Health, Medical and Research Committee.
In September, the Health, Medical and Research Committee reviews the grant applications and experts' evaluations and selects the projects to be funded based on scientific quality and relevance to WADA's goals.
Before final approval, grant applications undergo an independent ethical review.