Since 2014, in April of every year, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the anti-doping community worldwide have celebrated ‘Play True Day’ – a day that is dedicated to Clean Sport and is intended to raise awareness among athletes, the sporting public and others about the importance of protecting Clean Sport.
The inspiration for Play True Day stems from a WADA-hosted Education Conference in 2013, which was attended by 17 South American countries. While the celebration started as a small South American initiative, last year, the Agency’s digital and social media campaign reached over six million people with numerous individuals and organizations taking part from around the globe.
This year, given the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic is having around the globe, WADA is seizing the opportunity to engage the global anti-doping community in solidarity around the theme Play Safe on Play True Day 2020, asking you to share what you are doing and why to curb the spread of the virus.
How to participate
In order to engage as many stakeholders as possible, WADA has created a number of for you to brand your own Play Safe on Play True Day 2020 photos and videos. These include
- that you may layer onto your photo or video messages;
- A that can be either printed and personalized or personalized digitally for your social media platforms; and
- Various GIFs that have been created for the day that can be used on Instagram.
[Click here for on how to use the above visuals]
You are also encouraged to:
- innovate by creating personalized Play True, Play Safe visuals based on your specific country, language and/or sport; and
- use hashtags #PlayTrue #PlaySafe and #PlayTrueDay both in the lead-up to and on the day in order to extend the reach and impact of the campaign on social media.
Live social media wall
Follow the ‘Play True Day’ campaign in real time via our dedicated ‘Play True Day’ social media wall.