Since 2014, in April of every year, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the anti-doping community worldwide have celebrated ‘Play True Day’ – a day that is dedicated to Clean Sport and is intended to raise awareness among athletes, the sporting public and others about the importance of protecting Clean Sport.
The inspiration for Play True Day stems from a WADA-hosted Education Conference in 2013, which was attended by 17 South American countries. While the celebration started as a small South American initiative, last year, the Agency’s digital and social media campaign reached over 50 million people with numerous individuals and organizations taking part from around the globe.
This year’s theme is “What does Play True mean to you?”. Therefore, we invite athletes, National and Regional Anti-Doping Organizations, Sports Federations, Governments, Major Event Organizers and other anti-doping stakeholders from around the world to join the Agency’s social media campaign on 9 April 2021 and let us know.
How to participate
In order to engage as many stakeholders as possible, WADA is providing a number of available here. These include : for you to brand your own "What does Play True mean to you?" photos and videos
- that you may layer onto your photo or video messages;
- A Play True Pledge that can be either printed or personalized digitally for your social media platforms ; and
- Various GIFs that have been created for the day that can be used on Instagram.
You are also encouraged to:
- innovate by creating personalized "What does Play True mean to you?" visuals based on your specific country, language and/or sport; and
- use hashtags #PlayTrue and #PlayTrueDay both in the lead-up to and on the day in order to extend the reach and impact of the campaign on social media.
Live social media wall
Follow the ‘Play True Day’ campaign in real time via our dedicated ‘Play True Day’ social media wall.