WADA Strategic Testing Expert Advisory Group discusses International Standard for Testing update and review of the Technical Document for Sport Specific Analysis
The World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) Strategic Testing Expert Advisory Group (STEAG) met in Montreal on 30 and 31 August 2023 to discuss the following topics:
- The list of concepts identified by the International Standard for Testing (IST)1 Drafting Team to further strengthen and clarify the IST as part of the 2027 World Anti-Doping Code (Code) and International Standards Update Process launched on 26 September 2023. Stakeholders can provide feedback on these concepts and related procedures via WADAConnect until 23 December 2023;
- Updates on the recently-launched blood Steroidal and Endocrine Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) Modules. ADOs are encouraged to contact WADA’s ABP team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or to request the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) documents for the Endocrine Module and the blood markers of the Steroidal Module of the ABP for further information on testing strategies and how to incorporate these new Modules into your testing programs;
- Involvement of the STEAG with further development of the Dried Blood Spot project;
- The ADAMS enhancements released over the last six months, and an update on the priorities of the 2024 WADA IT Road map including the DCO Central paperless application; and
- The results of the review of the Technical Document for Sport Specific Analysis by the STEAG Working Group.
In the interest of providing further insight to stakeholders regarding the matters covered during these meetings, we are pleased to share a more complete Summary of Outcomes.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding the work of the STEAG, we invite you to contact email@example.com.