WADA Compliance Review Committee discusses RUSADA and other key issues of compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code
The World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) independent Compliance Review Committee (CRC) met virtually on 11-12 August 2022.
This was the CRC’s second regular meeting in 2022, with the members discussing a range of important issues related to WADA’s World Anti-Doping Code (Code) Compliance Monitoring Program.
At this latest meeting, the CRC discussed, in particular:
- The latest update on the reinstatement conditions imposed by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in its award related to the case between WADA and the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA), as well as WADA’s monitoring of RUSADA in light of the CAS award;
- An update on the compliance procedure of the Ukrainian National Anti-Doping Organization (NADO) in light of the Russian Federation’s invasion of Ukraine;
- New cases of Signatory non-compliance with the Code and International Standards, which will be presented to the next Executive Committee (ExCo) meeting on 23 September 2022, if the non-conformities discussed are still not resolved;
- A briefing on the latest developments concerning the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) NADO, which remains non-compliant with the Code;
- The proposed amendments to the International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories (ISCCS), including a review of the comments received from its stakeholder consultation that was initiated in June 2022;
- An update on the development and implementation of WADA’s Code Compliance Monitoring Program, including an update on the Code Compliance Questionnaire (CCQ), which WADA distributed to Tier One International Federations (IFs) and NADOs in March 2022, and Tier Two IFs and NADOs in May 2022; and
- Progress on WADA’s Compliance Annual Plan for 2022, which includes the implementation of strategic objectives identified in the 2021 Compliance Annual Report.
The CRC is responsible for providing independent advice, guidance and recommendations to WADA Management and governing bodies on matters relating to Signatories' compliance with their obligations under the Code. The Interim Chair, Henry Gourdji, will report to the next ExCo meeting in September.
For more information on Code compliance, please visit the Code Compliance section of WADA’s website.