One week to go until Play True Day 2023
Join WADA in building the world’s biggest team playing for clean sport: #OnePlayTrueTeam
Further to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) release of 27 March 2023, WADA wishes to remind stakeholders that Play True Day 2023 will be celebrated on 14 April. We are inviting the global anti-doping community to join WADA in building the world’s biggest team playing for clean sport: #OnePlayTrueTeam .
The digital campaign is designed to include everyone that contributes to clean sport. Accordingly, your #OnePlayTrueTeam could be your sports team; people within your entourage (coaches, doctors, family, etc.); or your colleagues, friends, etc. In other words, your #OnePlayTrueTeam can be made up of anybody that supports you and inspires you to Play True.
On 14 April, share photos and videos of your #OnePlayTrueTeam using the following branded visuals, all of which can be found in our Play True Day Assets:
- Branded frames that can be layered onto photo or video messages;
- #OnePlayTrueTeam crests that can be either printed or used digitally for various social media platforms;
- Profile picture filters for individuals that can be overlayed on an individual’s social media profile to show they are part of the #OnePlayTrueTeam;
- Profile icons for organizations’ social media that can replace the profile picture for the day to show they are part of the #OnePlayTrueTeam; and
- Various GIFs that are available to be added to Instagram Stories. These can be found by searching for ‘WADA’ or ‘Play True’ in GIF Stickers.
Participants are also encouraged to:
- Innovate by creating personalized #OnePlayTrueTeam visuals based on their specific country, language and/or sport;
- Use hashtags #OnePlayTrueTeam, #PlayTrue and #PlayTrueDay in the lead-up to and on the day to extend the reach and impact of the campaign on social media; and
- Follow the campaign in real time via our dedicated Play True Day social media wall on WADA’s website.
We would ask you to kindly share this message with athletes and others within your network; and invite you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
About Play True Day
Since 2014, WADA has invited athletes, National and Regional Anti-Doping Organizations, Sports Federations, Governments, Major Event Organizers and all other anti-doping stakeholders worldwide to join the Agency’s digital campaign to celebrate Play True Day—a day that is traditionally dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of Clean Sport among athletes, the public and others.
The inspiration for Play True Day stems from a WADA-hosted Education Conference in 2013, which was attended by 17 South American countries. While the event started as a small South American initiative, in 2021, the digital campaign reached over 87 million people around the globe.