Join WADA in building the world’s biggest team playing for clean sport on Play True Day 2023; #OnePlayTrueTeam
WADA provides branded material for use by stakeholders
Further to the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA’s) release of 14 February 2023, WADA wishes to remind stakeholders that Play True Day 2023 will be celebrated on 14 April 2023 and invites the global anti-doping community to take part in the digital campaign.
For this year’s Play True Day campaign, we invite athletes, National and Regional Anti-Doping Organizations, Sports Federations, Governments, Major Event Organizers and other anti-doping stakeholders from around the world to pledge your support and join WADA in building the world’s biggest team playing for clean sport; #OnePlayTrueTeam.
The campaign is designed to include everyone that contributes to clean sport. Accordingly, #OnePlayTrueTeam could be your sports team and/or people within your entourage (coaches, doctors, family, etc.); and, it could be your colleagues, friends, etc. In other words, your #OnePlayTrueTeam can be made up of anybody that supports you and inspires you to Play True. On 14 April, show us your #OnePlayTrueTeam!
Like previous years, to engage as many stakeholders as possible, WADA has created branded visuals (available in English, French and Spanish) for participants to incorporate and share their own #OnePlayTrueTeam photos and videos. These include:
- Branded frames that can be layered onto photo or video messages;
- #OnePlayTrueTeam crests that can be either printed or used digitally for various social media platforms; and
- Profile pictures filters for individuals that can be overlay on an individual’s social media profile to show they are part of the #OnePlayTrueTeam
- Profile icons for organizations social media that can replaced the profile picture for the day to show they are part of the #OnePlayTrueTeam
- Various GIFs that will be available to be used on Instagram. These can be found on the stories assets search under ‘WADA or ‘Play True’
Participants are also encouraged to:
- Innovate by creating personalized #OnePlayTrueTeam visuals based on their specific country, language and/or sport;
- Use hashtags #OnePlayTrueTeam, #PlayTrue and #PlayTrueDay in the lead-up to and on the day to extend the reach and impact of the campaign on social media; and
- Follow the campaign in real time via our dedicated Play True Day social media wall on WADA’s website – creating the world’s biggest team photo playing for clean sport.
We would ask you to kindly share this message with athletes and others within your network; and, would invite you to contact email@example.com should you have any questions.
About Play True Day
Since 2014, WADA has invited athletes, National and Regional Anti-Doping Organizations, Sports Federations, Governments, Major Event Organizers and all other anti-doping stakeholders worldwide to join the Agency’s digital campaign to celebrate ‘Play True Day’ -- a day that is traditionally dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of Clean Sport among athletes, the public and others.
The inspiration for Play True Day stems from a WADA-hosted Education Conference in 2013, which was attended by 17 South American countries. While the event started as a small South American initiative, in 2021, the digital campaign reached over 87 million people around the globe.