CISP resources now also available in French and Spanish
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is pleased to announce that its Code Implementation Support Program (CISP) has reached the 10,000 interactions mark on the Agency’s Anti-Doping eLearning Platform (ADeL). Launched on 4 May 2020, CISP was developed to support Anti-Doping Organizations (ADOs) as they transition to the 2021 World Anti-Doping Code (Code) and International Standards (Standards) that enter into force on 1 January 2021.
This means that, since the launch, ADeL users have visited the CISP section of the eLearning platform more than 10,000 times. This engagement with CISP, along with the launch of WADA’s new eLearning programs for athletes and medical professionals, has resulted in the total number of registered users on ADeL growing to more than 100,000 since its launch in January 2018.
WADA Director of Education, Amanda Hudson, said: “WADA is extremely pleased to have hit the 10,000 interactions milestone for our Code Implementation Support Program. During Phase 1 of this program, we focused on explaining the main changes to the Code and Standards and providing guidance on the steps to take to properly implement them. Now, in Phase 2, our focus has shifted to updating existing resources – including guidelines and other materials – that can be used for the life cycle of the 2021 Code.”
In addition to the existing resources originally published in English, resources such as checklists, factsheets, roles and responsibilities and other examples have now been published in French and Spanish as well to ensure that an even wider audience can benefit from the wealth of resources available on the ADeL platform.
Ms. Hudson added: “As our ADeL platform is rebuilt over the coming months, we will transform the CISP resource center – helping to make this the ‘go to’ place for stakeholders to find helpful resources regarding the 2021 Code and Standards. The recent addition of CISP resources in French and Spanish for example, will help stakeholders access these vital resources in their preferred language and further aid their understanding of what is required to properly implement a robust and compliant anti-doping program.”
The Agency also wishes to highlight that a number of resources have recently been updated and re-published in order to ensure that they are updated with the latest information. Stakeholders can see precisely what has been updated by checking the ‘version number’ and ‘publication date’ at the top of each resource.
The list of updated and re-published resources includes:
- Checklist: International Standard for Testing and Investigations (ISTI)
- Factsheet: International Standard for the protection of Privacy and Personal Information (ISPPPI)
- Factsheet: Roles and responsibilities in the Code for International Federations
- Presentation: International Standard for the protection of Privacy and Personal Information (ISPPPI)
The Agency is also pleased to provide a number of brand-new resources that have recently been added to the CISP including:
Webinars and presentations:
- Athlete Pools and Whereabouts (original webinar date: 9 July 2020)
- Risk Assessment and Test Distribution Plan (original webinar date: 10 June 2020)
- Core Principles and Changes to the 2021 International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions (ISTUE) (original webinar date: 22 June 2020)
- International Standard for Education (ISE) and Guidelines (original webinar date: 3 June 2020)
- Implementing an Effective Testing Program (original webinar date: 17 July 2020)
- Risk Assessment (ISTI Articles 4.1-4.2)
- Planning Effective Testing (ISTI Articles 4.1, 4.3 to 4.7, 4.9)
As the 2021 International Standard for Laboratories and the List of Prohibited Substances and Methods are to be approved during the Agency’s Executive Committee meeting being held on 14-15 September 2020, resources to support ADOs in these areas will be added to ADeL in the coming months as part of the CISP.
We remind stakeholders to check the ‘resources’ tab on ADeL to find and search for resources in a specific language or associated with a specific Standard or role.
Should you have any questions regarding CISP, or regarding any of the new or updated resources, please feel free to contact the Agency’s Education Department at 2021CISP@wada-ama.org.