The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is pleased to publish for the Agency’s Fifth World Conference on Doping in Sport to be held from 5-7 November 2019 in Katowice, Poland, which includes the following individuals:
- Andrzej Duda, President of the Republic of Poland
- Thomas Bach, President, International Olympic Committee
- Witold Bańka, President-Elect, WADA
- Jean-Paul Costa, President, International Institute of Human Rights
- Ulrich Haas, Professor of Procedural and Private Law, University of Zurich
- Yang Yang, Vice-President-Elect, WADA
- Richard Young, Attorney and main drafter of the 2021 World Anti-Doping Code
The Conference will convene global anti-doping stakeholders to take stock of the evolution of Clean Sport; engage in high-level discussion and debate about the global anti-doping program; and, wrap up with endorsement of the and International Standards that will take effect on 1 January 2021; as well as the election of a new WADA President and Vice President that will assume their roles on 1 January 2020.
The final list of speakers will include representatives and experts from the global anti-doping community including athletes, Anti-Doping Organizations, legal professionals, scientists, law enforcement officials, former WADA Presidents, and others.
For the evolving list of speakers, along with their biographies and scheduled presentations, please consult the of the Conference website.
If you are not already registered for the Conference and wish to attend, please register on the 30 August 2019. The website contains all relevant information regarding the Conference, including the program, goals and objectives, intervention registration and submission, as well as participation terms. no later than
For any other questions regarding the Conference, please refer to the
We look forward to welcoming you all in Katowice. on the website.