The independent of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) held its latest meeting on 6-7 August 2019 in Montreal, Canada, to discuss a number of issues related to compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code (Code). In particular, these included:
- An update regarding the analysis of the data and samples retrieved from the Moscow Laboratory and the cases provided to the relevant International Federations (IFs) for results management.
- A review regarding the Romanian National Anti-Doping Agency based on elements reported by WADA’s independent Intelligence & Investigations Department.
- A review regarding the only Code Signatory that is currently on the Non-Compliant Signatory list (the Mauritius National Anti-Doping Organization (NADO)) and of the Signatories that are currently in a compliance procedure.
- A review of the latest draft of the revised , which is being updated as part of the ongoing 2021 Code and International Standards review.
- An update regarding the implementation by IFs and NADOs of the corrective actions identified through WADA’s Code Compliance Monitoring Program; in particular, the Code Compliance Questionnaire, program and continuous monitoring program. The CRC acknowledged the continuous growth of the overall level of compliance of Code Signatories’ programs as a result of WADA’s monitoring activities.
- A review of the Code Compliance Monitoring Program, including the long-term strategy, the prioritization approach and the Policy for WADA’s Initial Application of the ISCCS.
- An update on the incorporation of Major Event Organizations into WADA’s Compliance Monitoring Program during the second part of 2019.
The CRC is responsible for providing independent advice, guidance and recommendations to WADA’s management and governing bodies on matters relating to Signatories' compliance with their obligations under the Code. Its Chair will present to the next meeting of the WADA Executive Committee (ExCo) on 23 September in Tokyo, as is the case at every ExCo meeting.
For more information on Code compliance, please visit the section of WADA’s website.