The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is pleased to invite you to for the Agency’s Fifth World Conference on Doping in Sport that will take place from 5-7 November 2019 in Katowice, Poland.
Organized with the generous support of the Ministry of Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Poland, the Conference is set to convene global anti-doping stakeholders to take stock of the evolution of clean sport and engage in high-level discussion and debate about the global anti-doping program. The Conference will culminate with endorsement of the and International Standards, which will take effect on 1 January 2021; as well as, election of the new WADA President and Vice-President – both that will assume their roles on 1 January 2020.
For further information regarding the Conference; and, to register by the deadline of 30 August 2019, please consult the that contains all relevant information; including: the (which details media activities such as press briefings and conferences); the ; and, a , which includes the following individuals:
- Andrzej Duda, President of the Republic of Poland
- Thomas Bach, President, International Olympic Committee
- Witold Bańka, Incoming WADA President
- Jean-Paul Costa, President, International Institute of Human Rights
- Ulrich Haas, Professor of Procedural and Private Law, University of Zurich
- Yang Yang, Incoming WADA Vice-President
- Richard Young, Attorney and main drafter of the 2021 World Anti-Doping Code
The final list of speakers will include: athletes; legal professionals; scientists; law enforcement officials; former WADA Presidents; representatives from Anti-Doping Organizations and other experts from the global anti-doping community.
For all media-related requests, please contact Maggie Durand, Manager, Media Relations and Communications at .
Should you have any general questions regarding the Conference, including queries relating to registration accommodation and transport, please consult the on the .
We look forward to welcoming you in Katowice.