The Compliance Review Committee (CRC), an independent WADA Standing Committee, held its latest meeting on 20 March 2018 in Lausanne, Switzerland, to discuss a number of issues related to compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code (Code). In particular, these included:
- A status update regarding the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA). The update included a progress report concerning the implementation of RUSADA’s “Roadmap to compliance” as well as the implementation of the corrective actions resulting from the audit conducted by WADA.
- The implementation of the International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories (ISCCS), which will come into force on 1 April 2018.
- The review of the Code Compliance Questionnaire (CCQ), and an update on the implementation of corrective actions by International Federations and National Anti-Doping Organizations.
- An update on compliance audits that have been conducted and are planned.
- A review of WADA’s long-term strategy in relation to compliance monitoring activities.
- Discussions regarding a number of Code Signatories that the CRC may recommend for non-compliance to WADA’s Executive Committee in May 2018 unless they correct their outstanding non-conformities by then – with WADA’s support if needed.
In addition, the CRC received updates on other compliance activities and matters. The CRC noted the positive developments achieved by Signatories through the implementation of WADA’s compliance monitoring program.
Following this meeting, all CRC members attended WADA’s annual Symposium, where the CRC Chair, Jonathan Taylor QC, delivered a presentation on: “Ensuring accountability for all: the new International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories”; and, the Agency’s Chief Operating Officer, Frédéric Donzé, delivered a presentation on: “One Year Post the Code Compliance Questionnaire – What More Can Be Done to Enhance Global Anti-Doping Quality?”.
The CRC is responsible for providing independent advice, guidance and recommendations to WADA’s Management and governing bodies on matters relating to Signatories' compliance with their obligations under the Code.
For more information on Code compliance, please visit the Code Compliance section of WADA’s website.