Yesterday, the World Anti-doping Agency's President, Sir Craig Reedie, updated the 129th International Olympic Committee (IOC) Session in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Session, which runs from 1 to 4 August, and is traditionnally held prior to the Olympic Games, is the general meeting of the members of the IOC.
Among other topics, the President addressed:
- WADA actions taken in the lead up to Rio, to level the playing field ;
- The Agency's challenges with Russia, including the way forward ;
- Its commitment to working with partners to review the current anti-doping system and ensure that the most effective system is put in place to protect clean sport ;
- Its strenghtened laboratory proficiency testing ; and
- Its new robust, ISO-accredited, independent compliance program.
Sir Craig's presentation can be found here .