WADA is pleased to inform you that a Social Science Research Package for Anti-Doping Organizations is now available.
This research package, which includes a standard questionnaire, was designed to assist anti-doping organizations (ADOs) measure athletes’ beliefs and behaviors with respect to doping, and to assess the effectiveness of anti-doping programs.
The project addresses the need to:
- standardize measurements (e.g. morality, personality) to make comparisons between studies more reliable;
- apply ‘real world’ settings that reflect the realities ADOs face; and
- facilitate practical implications of the research.
The standard questionnaire is intended to:
- Provide a standard ‘How To’ guide on assessing and researching education programs
- Help gain insight into under-researched countries and sports
- Provide cross-country comparisons
- Assess where further education is required
- Assist ADOs in developing more effective education programs
- Provide ADOs without resources to commission research with a tool to assess their own programs in a cost-effective and robust manner
We hope that this Research Package for ADOs will be helpful in supporting research and evaluation efforts as they relate to the effectiveness of anti-doping programs.