WADA is pleased to provide you with the new Guidelines on Information Gathering and Intelligence Sharing.
Article 5 of the revised World Anti-Doping Code outlines Anti-Doping Organizations’ (ADO) responsibilities as it relates to information gathering and intelligence sharing in accordance with the International Standard for Testing and Investigations (ISTI).
The primary objective of these Guidelines is to ensure that each ADO understands the following successive steps to collect information and produce intelligence in order to maximize its anti-doping program. They are not intended to explain the investigative process.
- Collect and collate information from various sources.
- Analyze information to produce intelligence.
- Formalize information into an intelligence report.
- Use intelligence to design Test Distribution Plans (TDPs).
- Share intelligence with external partners.
These Guidelines are intended to complement the Basic Course on Information Gathering & Intelligence Sharing for ADOs, which was launched by WADA earlier this year.
We hope that these Guidelines serve as a valuable reference tool in delivering quality anti-doping programs.