WADA's responsibilities in the science and medical fields include, among others, the accreditation of anti-doping laboratories, science research, the Prohibited List, the Athlete Biological Passport and Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE).
In order to meet the constantly evolving scientific challenges in the fight against doping in sport and to assess new developments in the field of anti-doping testing and analysis, WADA organizes scientific meetings and symposia that bring together international scientists and experts in relevant fields of anti-doping science. Under the umbrella of WADA, expert working groups are formed to address specific scientific issues pertaining to the identification and detection of doping substances and practices.
- Determination of Urinary Concentrations of Pseudoephedrine and Cathine After Therapeutic Administration of Pseudoephedrine-Containing Medications to Healthy Subjects: Implications for Doping Control Analysis of these Stimulants Banned in Sport
Barroso O, Goudreault D, Carbó Banús ML, Ayotte C, Mazzoni I, Boghosian T, Rabin O.
Drug Test Anal. 2011 May 6. doi: 10.1002/dta.291. [Epub ahead of print]
- The Athlete Biological Passport
Sottas PE, Robinson N, Rabin O, Saugy M.
Clin Chem. 2011 Jul;57(7):969-76. Epub 2011 May 19. Review
- Investigating the Use of Stimulants in Out-of-Competition Sport Samples
Boghosian T, Mazzoni I, Barroso O, Rabin O.
J Anal Toxicol. 2011 Nov;35(9):613-6.
- The List of Prohibited Substances and Methods in Sport: Structure and Review Process by the World Anti-Doping Agency
Mazzoni I, Barroso O, Rabin O.
J Anal Toxicol. 2011 Nov;35(9):608-12.
- Cannabis in Sport: Anti-Doping Perspective
Huestis MA, Mazzoni I, Rabin O.
Sports Med. 2011 Nov 1;41(11):949-66. doi: 10.2165/11591430-000000000-00000. Review
- Involvement of the Health Industry in the Fight Against Doping in Sport
Forensic Sci Int. 2011 Dec 10;213(1-3):10-4. Epub 2011 Jul 7
- Anti-doping analysis and the Olympics
Bioanalysis. 2012 Jul;4(13):1529-30.
- Harmonization of anti-doping rules in a global context (World Anti-Doping Agency-laboratory accreditation perspective)
Ivanova V , Miller J, Rabin O, Squirrell,A, Westwood S.
Bioanalysis. 2012 Jul;4(13):1603-11.
- Ensuring high quality in anti-doping laboratories
Boghosian T, Barroso O, Ivanova V, Rabin O.
Bioanalysis. 2012 Jul;4(13):1591-601.
- Preparation and accreditation of anti-doping laboratories for the Olympic Games
Botrè F, Wu M, Boghosian T.
Bioanalysis. 2012 Jul;4(13):1623-31
- Measurement uncertainty in anti-doping quantitative analysis for prohibited threshold substances
Barroso O, Miller J, Squirrell A, Westwood S.
Bioanalysis. 2012 Jul;4(13):1653-65.
- Analytical challenges in the detection of peptide hormones for anti-doping purposes
Barroso O, Handelsman D.J, Strasburger C, Thevis M.
Bioanalysis. 2012 Jul;4(13):1577-90.
- An integrative 'omics' solution to the detection of recombinant human erythropoietin and blood doping
Pitsiladis Y, Durussel J, Rabin O.
Br J Sports Med. 2014 May;48(10):856-61.
- Structure and Development of the List of Prohibited Substances and Methods
Kinahan A, Budgett R, Mazzoni, I.
Med Sport Sci. 2017 Jun;62:39-54.
- Meldonium long-term excretion period and pharmacokinetics in blood and urine of healthy athlete volunteers
Rabin O, Uiba V, Miroshnikova Y, Zabelin M, Samoylov A, Karkischenko V, Semyonov S, Astrelina T, Razinkin S.
Drug Test Anal. 2019 Apr;11(4):554-566.
- Standardization of reticulocyte counts in the athlete biological passport
Naud J-F, Giraud S , Robinson N, Desharnais P, Ericsson M , Saugy M, Kuuranne T, Ayotte C, Boghosian T, Aikin R, Sottas P-E.
Int J Lab. Hematol. 2019 Jun;41(3):387-391.