The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and the fight against doping in sport.A crucial part of WADA’s strategy is to develop partnerships with organizations that have the expertise to help find solutions, as well as having a vested interest in stopping the abuse of substances.
The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries have acknowledged their interest and their growing commitment to help address the public health concern, to mitigate the misuse of their products and to combat doping in sport effectively.
- July 28, 2020 – WADA and IFPMA strengthen collaboration in the protection of clean sport
- September 23, 2019 – WADA and Kyowa Kirin Co. sign agreement formalizing collaboration to protect clean sport
- October 14, 2016 – World Anti-Doping Agency and Astellas announce global initiative to prevent misuse and abuse of medicines for doping in sports
- April 14, 2015 - IMI and World Anti-Doping Agency to collaborate
- January 28, 2015 - Second International conference: The Pharmaceutical Industry
- December 3, 2014 - WADA signs a global collaboration agreement with Pfizer Inc.
- November 12, 2012 - International conference: The Pharmaceutical Industry
- July 23, 2012 - Press release Two Fields one goal
- July 4, 2011 – WADA and GSK signs agreement
- June 28, 2011 – Bio endorses press release
- July 6, 2010 – WADA and IFPMA signature
- Sept. 24, 2009 - WADA Emphasizes importance of cooperation