The , an independent WADA Standing Committee, held its latest meeting on 3 October 2018 in Montreal, Canada, to discuss a number of issues related to compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code (Code). In particular, these included:
- A review of the implementation of the , which came into effect on 1 April 2018.
- A review of stakeholders’ comments received by WADA as part of the first phase of consultation for the review of the ISCCS.
- An update on the situation of the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA), in particular in relation to the strict on 11-12 December 2018.
- An update on the implementation by International Federations and National Anti-Doping Organizations of the corrective actions identified through the Code Compliance Questionnaire (CCQ) and program, as well as WADA’s considerable support for Signatories in their efforts to achieve full compliance.
- A review of WADA’s long-term strategy in relation to compliance monitoring activities.
- Discussions regarding a number of Code Signatories that the CRC may recommend for non-compliance at the November meeting of the ExCo unless they correct their outstanding non-conformities by then. The CRC will hold a conference call to discuss any updates ahead of the ExCo meeting.
The CRC is responsible for providing independent advice, guidance and recommendations to WADA’s Management and governing bodies on matters relating to Signatories' compliance with their obligations under the Code.
For more information on Code compliance, please visit the section of WADA’s website.