In addition to the categories S0 to S5 and M1 to M3 defined above, the following categories are prohibited in-competition:
- S6. STIMULANTS
- All stimulants (including both optical isomers where relevant) are prohibited, except imidazole derivatives for topical use and those stimulants included in the 2011 Monitoring Program*.
a. Non-Specified Stimulants:
- 4-phenylpiracetam (carphedon)
A stimulant not expressly listed in this section is a Specified Substance.
b. Specified Stimulants (examples):
- methylhexaneamine (dimethylpentylamine)
and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
* The following substances included in the 2011 Monitoring Program (bupropion, caffeine, phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pipradol, synephrine) are not considered as Prohibited Substances.
** Adrenaline associated with local anaesthetic agents or by local administration (e.g. nasal, ophthalmologic) is not prohibited.
*** Cathine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 5 micrograms per milliliter.
**** Each of ephedrine and methylephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 10 micrograms per milliliter.
***** Pseudoephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 150 micrograms per milliliter.
- S7. NARCOTICS
- The following are prohibited:
- diamorphine (heroin)
- fentanyl and its derivatives
- S8. CANNABINOIDS
- Natural (e.g. cannabis, hashish, marijuana) or synthetic delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabimimetics [e.g. “Spice” (containing JWH018, JWH073), HU-210] are prohibited.
- S9. GLUCOCORTICOSTEROIDS
- All glucocorticosteroids are prohibited when administered by oral, intravenous, intramuscular or rectal routes.