WADA was established in 1999 as an international independent agency composed and funded equally by the sport movement and governments of the world. Its key activities include scientific research, education, development of anti-doping capacities, and monitoring of the World Anti Doping Code (Code) – the document harmonizing anti-doping policies in all sports and all countries. WADA is a Swiss private law Foundation. Its seat is in Lausanne, Switzerland, and its headquarters are in Montreal, Canada.
A world that values and fosters doping-free sport.
To promote, coordinate and monitor on an international basis, the campaign against doping in sport in all its forms.
Our Core Values:
- We are impartial, objective, equitable and balanced
- We avoid improper influences or conflicts of interests that would undermine our
independent and unbiased judgment.
- We conduct our activities in accordance with the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
We develop policies, procedures and practices that reflect justice, equity and integrity.
- We are fully accountable to our funding bodies.
- We conduct our activities in accordance with principles of transparency and
- We adopt a professional approach when conducting business for and on behalf
- We benchmark off and apply best practice standards to all our activities.
- We develop innovative and practical solutions to assist countries and sport organizations to implement and comply with the Code.
- We act as the guardian of the values and spirit inherent in the Code.
WADA employs 58 people located principally in its Montreal Headquarters and is globally represented by 31 nationalities.*
WADA implements and maintains a good employer human resources policies and practices to ensure the recruitment and retention of qualified staff.
*as of November 2012